Lemon Butter Redfish On The Half Shell
Lemon Butter Redfish on the Half Shell Is A Redfish Recipe Everyone Needs To Try
One of my favorite kinds of fish to eat is redfish. A few years ago I found a recipe that had me screaming for more. It was the lemon butter redfish with crab sauce. It is a recipe that takes two amazing things like fish and crab and combines them into one fantastic dish. It is a rather simple dish for most people to make and takes around 20 minutes from start to finish. I am confident that this may be your new favorite way to eat redfish after trying.
Grilled Lemon Butter Redfish On The Half Shell (Photo Credit: Tom Fitzmorris)
Let's dive in and make this fantastic redfish dish so you can enjoy it with friends and family.
- 4 Medium sized redfish fillets with skin
- Olive Oil
- 2 Softened sticks of margarine
- Chef Paul Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning
- Lucious Crab Sauce (You Will Have To Make)
Blue Crab Meat For Crab Sauce
- 1/2 pound lumped crabmeat (Blue Crab Prefered)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce (Cholula Original is our preferred)
- 2 Tablespoons of Chef Paul Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 stick of unsalted butter
If you have cleaned your own crabs for the crab meat keep the shells of the crab to make for an excellent presentation.
1) Prepare your crab sauce before cooking the fish. This will take the longest, and it will take no time for cooking the redfish.
2) Find a big enough saucepan to make your sauce in. Melt the two unsalted sticks of butter over low to medium heat.
3) Once the butter is melted, carefully add your 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 cup white wine, 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, and your redfish seasoning. Begin mixing everything together and allow for it to simmer for around three to four minutes.
4) Add your 1 cup whipping cream and mix until everything is well mixed.
5) Add your crab meat and carefully mix. Do not whip it. Try to keep the crab meat chunks for presentation.
After this is made, allow for it to remain warm by placing the saucepan in the oven. Now it is time to grill the redfish. Turn on the grill at medium heat to prevent burning or overcooking the fish. Once the grill is heated, cook the redfish skin down. Carefully coat with olive oil to prevent sticking to the grill. On the meat side, you can add your redfish magic rub. Allow for the redfish fillets to cook until the thickest part of the fillets begin to flake. The redfish skin will protect it from burning. Its this barrier that also allows for the fillet to maintain its moisture. Once the fillets are done, you will be able to remove the meat from the skins easily. The presentation is critical, directly plate the fillets by themselves or break in half and place in the washed crab half shells. Just pour your crab sauce over and enjoy a fantastic crab meat and redfish dinner. Perfect to pair with your favorite vegetables and rice.
Redfish with Crab Sauce In A Crab Shell
We hope you find this redfish recipe as satisfying as we do at Hunting and Fishing depot. We would love to see pictures of your dishes and amazing presentations. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or leave a comment below. Enjoy the lemon butter redfish on the half shell and get out there and catch more redfish!
Leave a comment