Pheasant Hunting Recipes: Best Italian Stuffed Ringneck Pheasant
Homemade Italian Stuffed Ringneck Pheasant or Chicken
Ringneck Pheasant is one of the most sought after game birds in the united states due to their excellent table fare. On a recent trip to Kansas to hunt ducks we managed to harvest a handful of Ringneck Pheasants along with multiple species of waterfowl included to load up the meat freezer.
These being my first wild pheasants i decided to whip up a Homemade Italian Marinade. I would like to share it with you guys.
Ringneck Pheasant Ingredients:
- 2 Roosters
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- Italian Seasoning- oregano, thyme
- 1/3 cup White wine
- 1/2 spoonful salt
- 1/2 spoonful peppe
Preparing Italian Stuffed Ringneck Pheasant:
- Cut the birds head, wings, and feet off first, Then remove all the skin and guts. Wash bird off and soak in milk for 1 day. Make sure all the shot is out. make your marinade by mixing the olive oil, Italian seasoning, wine, salt and pepper, and lemon juice from only 2 of the lemons.
- Marinate the birds for 12-24 hours.
- Remove birds, stuff with bacon strips, onion and half a lemon each.
- Wrap the entire bird in bacon (optional but good for holding in flavor).
- Pheasant- Grill or bake at 400 for 45 mins or until inside temp reaches 160
- Chicken- 400 for 1 hr or until inside temp reaches 165
After this finishes cooking you are ready to serve! It pairs nicely with some wild rice and asparagus. This dish is guaranteed to get your guest to ask you for your pheasant recipes.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe. Feel free to share you photos and experiences making it in the comment section below. Tag us, tag a friend, follow us, like us, and share us. If you have other great ideas and recipes please email us at info@HFDepot.com and we will post! Enjoy this one of a kind ringneck pheasant recipe.